About Chiranjit Medhi
Age 41 - 50 Years
Retirement date 07-04-2007
Years of Military Service 6 – 10 Yrs
Service Indian Army
Branch Indian Army
Army Veteran,Business Leader, P&L specialist ,Hub Head- Operations-Central India- ( Associate Vice President )
Cotton College, Guwahati 1993 - 1996
Bachelor of Science.
Completed the BSc ( Honors in Geology with Physics and Maths) with First class.
Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata 2015 - 2016
Executive Programme of Business Management
Successfully completed the Executive Programme in Business Management from IIM, Kolkata on General Management. It was a one year course.
American Tower Corporation 2023 - Present
Hub head of Operations ( Associate Vice President)
• Operational responsibilities of 25,000 towers/sites in Central & North India. • Responsible for business development, client interactions, client handling. • Business expansion. • Mentoring of a high-performance team. • Ensure against revenue leakage. • Strategic planning for operation management. • Vendor development and vendor management. • Ensure SLA level uptime of the entire ON AIR sites (approx. 25,000) by keeping a strong vigil on the 0 & M activities. • Ensure profitability from Operational revenues. • Total energy management (TEM) to achieve a cost-saving goal of Rs.100 Crore annually of a energy cost of 1200 Crores.
American Tower Corporation 2011 - 2020
Profit Centre Head, Circle Business Head
• P& L responsibilities for the entire Circle of 8200+ towers/sites • Handling revenue to the tone of Approx. Rs. 900 + Crore annually. • Managing the Organic and inorganic growth of the portfolio. • Responsible for business development, client interactions, client handling. • Led a team of 100+ highly professional individual & plan for manpower deployment. • Responsible for overseeing project management, vendor development, negotiation & contract finalization. • Ensure SLA level uptime of the entire ON AIR site by keeping a strong vigil on the 0 & M activities. • Liasioning & negotiation with different Organization & Groups for smooth functioning of the Circle activities. • Training & skill up gradation of the team members on regular basis. • Completed operational due diligence of a big tower portfolio of a Southeast Asian telecom giant’s tower portfolio in Bangladesh.
India Telecom Infra ( Presently Ascend Telecom) 2008 - 2011
• P & L responsibilities for the entire NESA Circle ..( Consists of 7 states of North East India) • Business development, customer interactions, customer handling & customer satisfaction. • Ensuring the Circle operates within time, cost & budgetary parameter.
Bharti Airtel Ltd. 2007 - 2008
Circle Nodal Officer ( Regulatory and Network)
• Interactions with Govt Agencies. • Environmental issue management. • OPEX management of security • Management of regulatory issues of DOT & TRAI.
Indian Army 1998 - 2007
Major ( Indian Army)
• in the Indian Army served as a Commander of a combat subunit. • Accomplished Army Major with extensive leadership experience and a distinguished record of service. • led a combat subunit successfully, in hostile conditions like Siachen Glacier and counter insurgency operations in Kashmir and North East India . • Proven ability to manage and inspire teams in high-pressure environments. Led several successful operations in Kashmir. • Adept in strategic planning, resource allocation, and problem-solving. Effective communicator with cross-functional teams and external partners. • Well-versed in adapting to dynamic situations and delivering results under pressure. • Highly skilled in resource management, training, and fostering team growth. • Known for Strong leadership skills and disciplined approach. • Committed to driving excellence, fostering collaboration, and achieving objectives. • Appreciated by Lt. Gen John M Brown III, Commander, United States Army Pacific Command for playing key role in Indian Army and USA Army’s joint effort
Honors & awards
Best Employee of Asia 2016
Best Employee of Asia
Awarded Tower Star award by the Global CEO of American Tower .Mr.J.Taiclet ( presently CEO of Lockheed Martin) at Boston for being the best employee of Asia Region.